Monday, November 1, 2010

(Nablopo)Maybe

It's November, also known of course as NaBloPoMo. I succeeded the past two years but I'm skeptical this time around. However, isn't there a certain thrill to committing publicly to a dubiously achievable goal? So here we are: National Blog Posting Month. Thirty posts in thirty days. Are you along for the ride?

There is no actual story here, but while we're discussing the business of posting let me tell you about a few pieces I've written elsewhere lately. First, my neighborhood now has a blog. It's still not clear to me if it's going to succeed, but I've contributed a few posts there. Hyperlocal is where it's at in blogging right now, you know.

Secondly, it's getting cold here finally, and everyone is grumbling that we might have another bad winter. Remember last winter? Two February blizzards? Remember how I was pregnant with G and he was due the day the first blizzard began? That was fun. My birth story was recently featured on Design Mom. I promise it's a grossness-free version of events. And the best part of it isn't even my own writing; it's the sweet comments that readers left at the end.

Next: at the behest of my friend Tina, I just contributed a post to a new collaborative parenting blog called From the Monkey Bars. They're just getting off the ground, so go check out my post and the entire site, and, of course, feel free to tell them how much you love me. This post is about my love of assigning my children silly nicknames.

Do you know about the Mobbies? I think they're mostly just a stunt, a popularity contest posing as an awards program designed to drive traffic to the Baltimore Sun website. That all said, one of you kind souls nominated me for a Mobbie (in the Family category). You're a sweet one, you anonymous you. And I do like saying that...hmm, I was nominated for a Mobbie.

You may have noticed (but you probably didn't) that I stopped directing you to my posts at DC Metro Moms. I didn't ever say anything directly about it but that site closed suddenly at the end of June due to a decision from the parent site. The reason I didn't say anything is because the DC Metro Moms writers are forming a new site, and I was hoping to be able to direct you there. It's still in the works (but bookmark it now!) but since the DC Metro Moms posts will only stay up for as long as those hosting fees are paid, I'll use those posts as my backup plan to me through the month. I'll repost them here throughout November.

I still haven't told you a story and you're still here. Have I directed you to my sideblog lately? You can find it in my left sidebar (or subscribe directly). Let me appease you with the last entry. There's no particular reason why it's so funny to me, but it is, all the same. It's a brief exchange between E and I. She had trouble conjugating a verb in the past tense.

Isn't language so much fun? Thirty days of me, nonstop! Truly this is a fantastic idea. Pin It

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hooray for Nablopo! The more you write, the more fun the internet feels...for me! Hooray! :)

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

One round of NaBloMoPo (in 2007) was enough for me. It is HARD! But then, I'm not so great with the regular posting. I do agree, however, that it's always wonderful to read more from you. :)

a li'l bit squishy said...

Happy NaBloPoMo! Crazy, you are and lucky am I, to read your WHOLE MONTH of posts. I'm going to try pacing but you won't catch me keeping up. And as always, I was fashionably late to the party. Ha.