Wednesday, June 2, 2010

On vermin and stinky feet and waiting patiently

I've been flashing my typing fingers elsewhere again.

Over at Simple Kids, do you remember the rhyme, "Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite!"? I break it down for you. This was wasn't born from frustration at all, no. Do your kids chew their straws into oblivion?

And at DC Metro Moms, I say goodbye to the most comfortable shoes in the world.

And if you're wondering what happened with the job interview I mentioned in my last DCMM posting, you're in good company. I aced the interview but it probably doesn't matter because I was up against several incumbents. I beat out a lot of strong competition just to get that far, though, so I feel good about it whatever the results may be. And it was good experience - the interview was 70 minutes and none of my other interviews in the agency have exceeded 30. It was different from anything I've ever done before. Of course, I've never interviewed at this level before. So if I don't get this position I'm extra pumped to try again at the next opportunity. As for when I'll know? Selections were supposed to be announced last week but government can be slow sometimes. How long did you have to wait for your tax refund? Pin It