Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Inverted moo

The other two weren't like this. And it makes me shudder with the possibility of horror: even as I love to stand in defiance of stereotypes and assumptions, what if it's true? What if boys really are even more physical than girls?

More specifically and less assumptively: what if this boy-fetus is even more physical than his two very, very, very physical sisters?

He moves inside me like ocean waves crashing against the breakers. E hiccuped. L strummed her fingers.

He's moshing. He's a mosh pit of one. He's at a 24-hour rave.

He lurches and rolls, lurches and rolls. He feels like he's working on something...gaining momentum...trying to dislodge heavy equipment...start an avalanche...

...tip a cow. I feel like he's trying to tip me over. He's cow tipping, from the inside out. Pin It

3 comments:

Emily said...

What an image! I love it! I've always railed against that particular stereotype, too. For your sake, I hope it isn't true and, um...maybe he'll wear himself out in there?

cndymkr / jean said...

I always felt like an alien with 20 limbs was going to burst out of my belly. At one point I really thought there HAD to be more then one baby, he moved around that much. But I've got nothing to compare it too. My sister has one of each and didn't notice any difference.

MommyWizdom said...

I love this post - you're so good with words! My son did the same - my daughter not so much; but she was frank breech - she didn't really have a chance. She's not lacking in physicality (?) now...

Good luck - hope he sleeps eventually for ya.

MommyWizdom