Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fore


Last year, L was too small for mini-golf. She stayed back and slept. So today E, the old pro, generously shared a few pointers with the rookie.


This year, L played competitively.


She seemed to enjoy the game but moreso she seemed to enjoy the feel of Astroturf on her nose.


Which suited E, because then she could hold all the balls.


I must say that we're having a wonderful vacation. However, whenever it is that I'm dreaming and planning for vacation, I neglect to remember that these high-energy children are not customarily in my care ALL DAY EVERY DAY. We pay good money for other people to wear them out and wipe them up. Spending unending time in their company is delightful and entertaining but it's also positively exhausting. And so, so sticky. Pin It

1 comment:

tokatie said...

My mom and my dad (divorced when I was 3) both gave themselves breaks from us when we were on vacation more than once, and now my sister does the same with her daughters - usually by dropping the kids off at fun lessons or activities (my favorites were horseback riding in Colorado and ski lessons in New Mexico). Sure, they had to pay extra, but it was worth it for them to get to relax too.

Of course, we were older in those memories, but my sister signed her girls up for a toddler event at the local YMCA on a vacation once and loved it.