Sunday, December 7, 2008

Embellishing

I feel good that our holiday shopping is complete. A few packages are en route but we have most gifts here so we had a wrapping party at the kitchen table. While L napped, E and I laid out our mise en place: I got the Mommy scissors and the wrapping paper, and she got the tape, crayons and kiddie scissors. I cut and wrapped; she taped and drew little scribbles.

Sometimes E likes to play "cutting," which in spite of the self-mutilating implications just means in her lexicon that she likes to practice her scissors skills. I usually try to wrap the largest presents first so that I can use the scraps from their wrapping on smaller gifts but E began collecting my cutting. So she cut, and cut, and cut.

And because cutting quickly became "too easy," it was time to practice taping. Uncle Matt and Grandma, you are two lucky people. E taped her cuttings on your presents. Aren't they lovely:


(Uncle Matt, your niece tells me pink is your favorite color. Happy Chanukah!)

And Gus, my daughter is really looking forward to your birthday party in two weeks. You'll know her gift when it's in the pile. It's one-of-a-kind, and made with love.

Pin It

2 comments:

Uncle Matt said...

I thought E said brown was my favorite color. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

Grandma said

Your wrapping is geogeous. You cut beautful and write also beautiful.
Love Grandman