Monday, September 8, 2008

Kid's-eye view

Ever since I won a little point-and-shoot camera and made its home in my purse, E has staged a campaign for co-ownership (for now, at least, and whole world domination later, I think). With most objects, a few comments along the lines of "this is Mommy's" or "this is not for touching" or "are you supposed to be doing that?" dissuade too much interest. This camera, though: she can't leave it alone.

This is how she's come to take many, many photos this summer. I don't know why it didn't immediately occur to me to save them (because they look like nonsense unfocused accidents of nothing?). I usually take so many photographs that I have to be pretty brutal with the delete button, and these images that were not on my photo-taking agenda--they've had to go, man.

Belatedly it dawned on me that a few of her shots are pretty spectacular, that many of them are interesting for the unique (diminutive) perspective, and that if nothing else these might be interesting to her many years from now. And hey! I have a large hard drive, baby! I want to note for the record that these photographs are not cropped, color-corrected or retouched in any way except for one pop of the "auto-fix" button on my uploading software.

So without further ado, may I present the premiere presentation of the inaugural collection of the photographic works of E of Noteverstill Drive (age 2):

A butterfly at the butterfly place (July 27, 2008)



My milk cup is purple (August 24, 2008)



My mommy and my sister (August 24, 2008)



In the little store (September 7, 2008)



They're shopping!! (September 7, 2008)



Look! Dora foods in there! (September 7, 2008)


Can't you see these printed large-format and hanging on white gallery walls? This kid is definitely getting her own camera for Chanukah. I am interested to see what she'll do with it. And I want my toy back. Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm...no need to wait for Chanukah. It's commmmming, as E likes to say. Your choice to save it for Chanukah, use as a potty training prize or give it to her upon arrival.
Love, Grams